Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Big Dig




The big dig is the sewer line hookup. In an earlier blog, I told how we did the plumbing for the new bathroom before the foundation was laid. The end of the pipe stopped just inside the garage door and now it was time to dig through the garage floor and out across the yard to the sewer. Of course, we waited to do this, after Steve had already painted the garage walls! Dirt everywhere! Josh, our plumber friend came over to help when the digging was all done which was the way Steve planned it. Josh was really a big help with the hook up.

Some out the garage door shots of the trench.
The pipe went under the walkway near the driveway as you can see in the car shot.



.







In two of the pictures, the man looking on is Josh's Dad, John. He watches as Josh connects pipe down in the trench.







John grew up in the house next door. His parents were original owners here in the Gregory Ain tract. We couldn't put the sod back right away. Had to wait a day for the inspector to sign off on the hookup which he did.


With the drain hooked up, the hole gets filled and sod goes back on. In a few weeks this grass will look as good as new.


The inside of the garage is filled in with dirt and it will now get a layer of cement and eventually the whole floor will be redone.


All of this hard work of digging and hooking up and refilling the trench got us to the fun part - installing the bathtub.




Of course, Dylan Thomas wasn't really interested in all this work. His main concern as always is when is it time for a walk around the neighborhood. Here he is waiting patiently.




counter



7 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Blogbot Open-Sources Outlook Web Feed Aggregator
The code for Blogbot, an Outlook add-in that aggregates RSS and Atom feeds and delivers them into ... As it is, there are now a slew of approaches to getting Weblogs onto Windows.
Get James Jordans 51 Lessons To Build Muscle Fast at: muscle fitness

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about link penny stock suggest so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

2:35 PM  
Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

4:53 PM  
Blogger Ricky D. McCullin said...

Hey there what's up. I really like your fitness club blog. I have a fitness club blog too..check out my fitness club blog if you get a chance.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

http://2theguide.comconstruction layout and construction layout Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on construction layout then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about construction layout and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2theguide.com construction layout and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

5:19 AM  
Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
I beg of you, just check out my tx texas house cleaning blog.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drving back from the airport I stumbled upon this neighbor hood. Unbelievable. I stopped and talked to a
older lady and she told me Ain was the archt. I have been on the net researching since.
Love your house, love the care you are putting into it.
thanks for sharing.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home