Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stucco and Details

It seems like the most dramatic part of building the addition is finished. Now we are into details, details, details. This week, the final coat of stucco was put on the addition. The crew of four were fast and very good. They even cleaned up after themselves which I think is a plus. In a few days when this stucco dries we will paint it like the rest of the house which is a paint color called chrome gray.





Window frames and sills went up and got a coat of primer.


And we put in the baseboards. We weren't going to do baseboards, but we learned that since we are having carpeting in the bedroom, hall and family room, the carpet people need baseboards so the carpet can be laid correctly. Actually, baseboards are consistent with the old house.
And here is a picture of the new door which will go in the back side near the garage. We've been buying a lot of our supplies at Stock Lumber so when Steve went to get the door, they gave us a break on the price. Always happy to save a little money without losing quality. Also in this door picture you can see all the available light in the hallway leading to the bedroom. Nice and bright in the morning.


This last picture is of the light fixture. We've decided it is a big mistake. They had these types of cone lights in the 50's but it is so glaring. We've decided to go back to our original idea and put in a light fixture like the ones in the original bedrooms. Sometimes, you just have to see an object mounted to tell if you're going to like it. So we are into the details now and we want to get them right as I believe it is in the details a house can really shine.



counter



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a really good blog here. I would appreciate it if you would check out my best home business site.
Here is the link: best home business. Thanks.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago commuter train derails, killing one
At least one person was killed and dozens were injured after a commuter train derailed Saturday morning on Chicago's South Side, officials said.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my internet business related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Chuck

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy. Ok, that is a little rural, but but my thinking is big time! I love talking and reading about
best online business I am sure you do to from the looks of your blog. Live long and prosper!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hello friendly Blogers if you are thinking about ranch home and ranch home Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on ranch home then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about ranch home and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2theguide.com ranch home and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

5:39 AM  
Blogger Tn Tennessee House Cleaning said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Stop by and visiit my wv west virginia house cleaning blog!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home